Effective team leading
Team Leaders are often required to make the transition from experienced agent to leader, seemingly overnight. However, the foundations of good leadership can require a shift in mindset and the skills required are many and varied.
This workshop focuses creating the right behaviours to become an outstanding team leader. The workshop will address how to achieve the best performance from ourselves and others, via effective planning and goal setting, good time management, defusing conflict and increasing motivation.
Who should attend?
This course will bring benefits to both newly appointed team leaders and more experienced ones, as well as others aspiring towards a leadership position.
Benefits to your business
- Trained and skilled Team Leaders create success in the contact centre, having a pivotal role in connecting with the agents and therefore our customers
- Effective leaders build confidence and become better doers and problem solvers, contributing to shaping high performing teams that increase productivity
- Leaders’ ability to demonstrate the correct values creates a more productive work atmosphere, even under pressure, and a more positive contact centre culture
- Adept at engaging with others, effective leaders can support team performance day-to-day with a focus on productivity, team morale and wellbeing
- Increased satisfaction with job performance and their lives in general creates leaders who are better able to manage the pressures of responsibility
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Recognise the role of the Team Leader and their influence on team performance
- Differentiate between leading and managing
- Identify the components of a great team culture that delivers excellence
- Explore techniques to enhance self-awareness and Emotional Intelligence
- Consider others’ perspectives and communication preferences
- Evaluate our personal image and current leadership style
- Develop assertiveness techniques and strategies
- Improve time management; prioritising and delegating
- Create an action plan: to return to your role with a clear vision to lead your teams effectively